Wednesday, October 10, 2012

And then there was ONE...


Hey Team,

First of all, thanks for following me :) Blogging is quite a humbling experience, and not to mention SUPER unnatural for me, but if I can be transparent in any way, shape or form that could then transform a life or two or have ANY sort of positive influence and inspiration then this is why I'm all in!

So, an update....I feel I should start by saying, "Dear Diary, oh how I've missed you...it's been so long! I promise to write in you everyday....." Remember making that promise when you were a kid???

Anyway, it's been a while, but apparently, that's my style! Though I do want to be more active on this blog, I will remind you that the process of writing is a long one. I've learned that through accountability comes focus and excellence! I'm creating a product. Others will use it. It needs to be great!

Before I share my FIRST and latest project, I wanted to give you an update on the SOUL searching, or maybe better said, REVELATION we'll call it, that I've since been on! This past summer and now into the fall, I've been SO FORTUNATE to be a part of my church's worship team on several occasions! Disclaimer: only made possible with the multitude of volunteers around me that support and encourage me to step away from my vocational area ("Kid-O-Deo"), and dip my feet into the "Big People Church" (meaning, "grown-ups" to young kids, not the actual size of the people). Carrying on....What I've learned through those various moments and glimpses into this unique way of responding to God in LOVE and HONOR is that worship simply POURS out of me! My heart is HEAVY AND HUGE when I am worshipping him with my voice and with talented musicians around me! My desire to lead people in the most intimate conversation with God they're sometimes not even aware they're having is what makes the hairs on my neck and the pit in my stomach dance!!

So, I write. I Write Worship. (T-Shirt logo?).....

I sit at the piano. Converse with God. And, find just the right melody line to express to him even further my love, faithfulness, and honor to be in his presence!

That said, worship music is simple. It's repeatable. It's the ONE expression you can't possibly go another minute without sharing...It's where everyone else is at that moment in time when the words are expressed. You WILL still findyourselfinthestory. My prayer is that you do.....

Worship. It's powerful. It UNITES me and YOU.

The last thing I'll say before I upload my recent song/project (actually, it's not letting me - I'll try to make a youtube video...seems that will be my best bet to get it to you)....I have a friend who's helping me, musically, to make these songs even better than the basic words and simple melodies! I'm fortunate to have people around me who can make a song excellent! Simply put: It's what God deserves....

May God guide my writing, and may it flow from a place that draws out truth and honor every piece of his mission and message for his people!

Peace,
Emily <><
PS.....I love my church - Eagle Brook Church (try church again.....)

2 comments:

  1. Emily,
    You are spot on! Worship is powerful. It unites you, me, the church; all of us to God and makes a moment, when (most of the time) you are surrounded by hundreds of others, very intimate. I worship when I run. It seems to make 10 miles go very fast. I get lost in the words, I get lost in the emotion of my reality. I get goosebumps out of nowhere and I know that it is the Holy Spirit bubbling up inside me. We are so blessed to have you at EBC. For loving on our kids and for using your amazing God given talent to bring us closer to Him. Excited to see what this "project" is!!
    Blessings,
    Stephanie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Bring it Emily! Can't wait to hear your work!
    Love
    jenn

    ReplyDelete